Friday, January 4, 2013

Unconditional Love


‘C’mon Samanth! You have an engagement tomorrow. At least be with us today.’ Akash called from behind.
‘Yeah Coming!’ I replied to them.
I continued with my call. ‘Jaan my friends are calling me. I need to go.  But you know na. I want you to select our rings. So we are meeting at Khurrana Jewelers at 12’
She replied ‘I know! Just go! I love you. Take care’
I replied ‘I love you too’
Jaan I mean Nisha. She is my life right now. I didn’t get to know when I fall for her. It was nearly 2 years back when my Naniya (Nani) called me up. I am a IT engineer working in Okhala, Delhi.  I was attending my meeting.  I rejected the call many time. But still naniya keep on calling me. I ask for break in between and went outside the conference hall and attend the call.
‘Yes naniya! What was so important? I was attending a meetin.’ I whisper on the call.
‘Samanth! I meet this girl. Her dadi is my best friend. She lives in Delhi only. She is very pretty and bought up in a nice family. Please just meet her once’ She replied
‘Naniya? Is this so much important than my meeting?’ I asked.
‘Samanth Is meeting is more Important than your naniya?’ She asked back.
‘Ok! Naniya no emotional torture. Just message me her number. I ‘ll talk to her and will fix up a date and time to meet. Happy? Now I am going. Take care. Bye’ I replied. I kept the call. And went back to attend the meeting.

After 5min I received a message from naniya ‘+91********* Nisha. Please be polite to her’ As I reached home I saw the naniya message again. And called on that number. A delighted voice came saying ‘Hello!’ That voice was something special. I didn’t know the reason. But it pleased me.
‘Hi! I am samanth. I am sure you dadi must have told you about me’ I said in polite manner.
‘Yeah! Hi samanth. My dadu did told me about you.’ She replied.
‘So can we meet tomorrow at 10AM at Select city walk?’ I asked
‘Umm yeah sure!’ She replied. I found her being nervous as her voice was shivering
I said ‘ Okay then see you tomorrow. Take care’
She also said ‘Take care’. We both hang up.
I reached at 10 there. I saw her standing and waiting for me near Colorbar showroom. She was something special Wheatish color complexion height approx. 5’4. In blue Toper, skinny jeans. Black Clutch. Long straight hair. I reached to her. Out of conciseness I asked ‘Hi! Nisha?’ She replied ‘ Hi Samanth.’
That was our first meeting or I’ll said a blind date fixed by our elder. We get to know so many things about each other. Night calls started. Concern took place. It just happened in only one month. She entered in my life like fairytale.
Naniya called called up one day. ‘Samanth, Did you like her?’. I replied ‘ Naniya! At least ask me How I am?’. Naniya in anger said ‘Samnath Nisha complain to her dadi. I asked you to be polite’ I paused her and said ‘ But Naniya she can’t say all this. She said to me she loved me then how it can be possible’ Naniya breaking my flow said ‘Oho! So things has come to far’. I got nervous. While she continued ‘We fixed your engagement next week. So close your work and be here in Chandigarh. Within 2 days’ Nisha and I both belongs to Chandigarh that’s how my naniya and her dadi know each other. I took a flight to Chandigarh as Nisha has left one day earlier than me.  We both decided to chose our engagement rings together as she wanted them to be special. And tomorrow is the day so I decided to meet her tomorrow.
Another day I was waiting for her at the shop. She has very bad habit of getting late. I don’t understand what these girls have to do so much with. Its been more than an hour. I called her but she didn’t pick up her call. I called her parents to but no one responded. I was getting a bad signal from inside. So I decided to go her home. I keep knocking her door no one showed up. Suddenly some of her neighbor came to me and asked ‘Who are you dear?’ I replied ‘Me and nisha are going to get engaged I tried calling her she’s not picking up her call and none of her Family members. Do you know where they are?’ He replied ‘Son, Nisha meet with a terrible accident this morning. They are in the city Hospital’ I was stunned. I didn’t know how to react. I just rush towards hospital. I asked about her. Nurse pointed towards the ICU.  I was feeling breathless. I ran towards the the ICU. Doctor just came out and said ‘I’m sorry! We tried our best. She can listen you all. She can see you. But she can’t respond you. She went in coma.’
Now after 2 years. Or I should say after the 2 years of happy married life of mine I am buying a beautiful necklace for my wife. I am sure she going to be very angry on me saying ‘Its our anniversary and still you are late’. I reached home She is wearing diamond Magalsutar which I gifter her at last anniversary. That red bindi of her always take my breath away. I entered by saying ‘Sorry jaan! Actually I gave an order for a necklace and that jeweler made me late. See I got it for you.’ I told you she’s gonna be angry with me. I kept necklace aside hold her hands and said ‘Jaan, like always I ask for this gift and today also I ask for the same. Just talk to me. Please just talk to me’ a drop of tear rolled down from my cheeks.I whispered in her ear, ‘Nisha, Naniya must be so happy by seeing both of us from heaven, Together. I love you, Jaan!’

2 comments: